Virtus Diagnostics offers a complete range of general pathology services as well as specialist genetic testing
Virtus Diagnostics has state of the art pathology and genetic laboratories operating throughout New South Wales, Queensland, Victoria, and the ACT.
All our laboratories are NATA, RCPA & ISO accredited and offer a large spectrum of pathology & genetic testing services to General Practitioners, Medical Specialists, Private Hospital & Nursing Homes.
Our pathology practice is managed by our pathologists and highly skilled scientific staff.
We have pathology collection centres located throughout NSW, Qld, Victoria, Hobart & the ACT.
Virtus Diagnostics conducts over one million tests each year and through innovative technology and research is fast becoming the laboratory of choice for many medical clinicians today.
- The latest guidelines from the Department of Health recommend to test for 2019-nCoV in patients with respiratory symptoms, including mild respiratory symptoms, with or without fever, who have travelled to or transited through mainland China (excluding Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan) in the 14 days before illness onset.
- Patients can be discharged home in isolation while awaiting results. If available, patients need to be isolated in a single room with negative pressure air-handling.
- Use standard and transmission based precautions (contact and airborne), including the use of a N95/P2 mask, disposable gloves and eye protection when entering a patient care area.
- Immediately contact your Public Health Unit on 1300 066 055, who will arrange risk assessment and advise on next steps.
- If further assessment is recommended, the patient should be referred to a public hospital emergency department.
- We advise that samples are not collected for 2019-nCov testing or referred to private pathology for specimen collection. Specimen collections and testing should be performed at the public hospital as advised by the Public Health Unit.
Who is Virtus Diagnostics?
Virtus Diagnostics is a member of Virtus Health.
Virtus Health is an Australian owned and publically listed company and one of the most successful medical collaborations of its kind globally.
Our heritage is in assisted reproductive services as the leading facility treatment provider in Australia & Ireland with a growing presence in Singapore & Denmark.
Virtus Health has grown through diversification and today has a network of General and Specialised Laboratories, Day Hospitals and fertility clinics operating throughout Australia, Europe and South East Asia.
In 2015, Virtus Health acquired Independent Diagnostic Services and expanded its general pathology services throughout the eastern states of Australia.